You don’t have to weather life on your own. Let our psychologists give the support you need when you need it.
Every person faces challenges that they may struggle to overcome, and you may eventually need external support. Our team of psychologists at the Lotus Medical Centre is here to provide you with a personalised strategy to address your emotional and mental concerns and help you develop the strength and mental fortitude to overcome your challenge.
When Do You Need a Psychologist?
Just as with physical health, your mental health can go through changes, and you may, at some point, feel overwhelmed and in need of help. Life is full of little stressors that can build up. A psychologist can work with you to develop the skills you need to manage your life now and in the future.
Some of the more common psychological issues that can affect your life include:
- Anger problems:
- Sleep issues
- Trauma and loss
- Relationship or marital stress
- Workplace stress
When these issues start affecting your daily life and ability to function, a therapist may help you regain control and manage your emotions healthily and productively.
Evidence-based treatments are well-studied interventions that can lessen the effect of common psychological concerns. The four most common treatments we use are:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy: ACT is an evolution of CBT that incorporates mindfulness and other modern tools to manage your emotions better.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: CBT is the most commonly used form of therapy today, giving people the tools they need to identify and address their harmful thought patterns.
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy: DBT is a long-term therapy that teaches people to develop invaluable life skills.
- Schema Therapy: Also a long term therapy, Schema therapy addresses the cycle of long-term self-defeating patterns and how to recognise and avoid them.
Everyone can benefit from the self-reflective nature of therapy. If you feel that you’re simply not coping or just need someone to talk to, reach out to our Lotus Medical Centre psychologists by calling (03) 9380 1588 today.